Sunday, January 4, 2009

Update on my Dad Dad Daddio

After 4 days of being in the hospital (yes my dad spent New Years Eve/Day cooped up in there!), my dad was released back home. For a scary couple of days, we thought he might have MRSA (think really super bad virus that's really hard to figure out how to fight with antibiotics). Turns out he has a staph (sp?) infection. His finger looks pretty gross and hurts to touch it. So there isn't much of that! He also had a pick-line installed, so that for the next 4-6 weeks, he'll go to the hospital for daily doses of antibiotics to treat the infection he's got.

So much for the safety pin and duct tape method (most farmers use those two items to fix anything, trust me).

He'll be back to work on Monday, although his doctors aren't really amped up and excited to allow that to happen. All I know is, I'm glad he's doing better! It's hard to watch someone who is rarely sick like that. One good thing that happened though is, I got to spend more time with my dad in the past few days than I have in a long time. It was nice :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

really glad to hear it is getting better for him. How awful to have that bad of an infection. It really makes us stop and think aobut how much we love someone when they are sick, and in the hospital. see ya soon.