Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Well crap.

So my mom calls me at work today, and she never does that so I immediately think there is something wrong. And yes, there is something wrong.

My Dad got a cyst removed from his left ring finger a week or so ago. He warned me that it was pretty gross, but of course I made him show me. He was right...totally nasty. I figured that was the end of it. But today, Mom called and told me he's going to the hospital tomorrow (Tuesday) to get surgery on that same finger - because there seems to be some kind of bad infection and it is hurting him so bad, he went home from work. That's pretty bad, him leaving work. The man never leaves unless it is required (i.e., going home for the night, my heart surgeries, etc.) So I knew this was gonna be bad.

So here's the gory details: tomorrow he'll be put under into never never land, they'll remove (ick!) his nail, and then slice open his finger to relieve the pressure and find out what the dealio is. As he put it, "worst case scenario, they cut it off". Good golly Miss Molly, I would say that is pretty effing serious!! I could tell he was in pain though when he was on the phone with me tonight.

So please say a prayer for my Daddy tomorrow, he should be having surgery right around lunchtime or so.

Thanks!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

email me to tell me how it went!